It’s Friday! And we are less than a month away from Easter. With that being said – today’s DIY project is an easy way to dress up the mantle for the holiday. For those of you who may not celebrate Easter, you can still use the same project to dress it up for “spring”. In order to incorporate those great spring pastels, I created a super easy “happy easter” banner to hang across the mantle! I created this Easter banner using things that I already had around the house, however the materials still should not be very expensive so I will give you a cost estimate.
- Scrapbook paper in pastel colors (usually around $.50 – $1 per sheet – each sheet should be able to fit 2 banner triangles)
- Yarn or any type of string/rope to attach the triangles to (I got my yarn for $1 from Big Lots)
- Magic Marker in the color of your choice!
- Step One: Cut out the banner pieces. My triangles were approximately 4″ across the top and approximately 5″ in length. You can make these smaller or larger depending on where you are hanging them and the look you are going for.
- Step Two: Write each letter in magic marker! Ideas for phrases include Happy Easter, Spring, Spring has Sprung, etc… be creative! You can also use larger scrapbook sticker letters if you don’t trust your own handwriting. This will add to the cost – and I was looking for a super cheap way to dress up my mantle.
- Step Three: Tape each banner triangle along the piece of string. Make sure you make your string long enough to allow a slight sag in the middle.
What do you think? What are some other messages that you could use? I would love to see your mantle dressed up for the spring season!
Enjoy your weekend! I hope it is fun and full of DIY projects.